Wednesday 15 February 2012

A TRIBUTE TO MY UNCLE: MR MODE AMOS OKORODUDU NOVEMBER 20TH,1935 TO FEBRUARY 15TH 2012


Adieu uncle, you were one of the greatest men who ever walked the sands of time and I love you so much. I lived with you and your family for one year after my youth service and you filled in for my father perfectly. You were the best friend my dad ever had and indeed a father to many of us. I recall when I was about to write my ...bar exam in 1990 when auntie travelled, you visited me in company of Teshoma - your third child in school and asked what you could do to help me pass my exam. I playfully told you that if you could cook and bring for me, I would do well and to my amazement, you did and I kept my part of the deal as well. When I was called to the bar that year, you stood in for my dad who was unable to show up due to work demands and you funded the reception at your place. How could I ever forget that!!! After my youth service, you opened your home to me and I lived with you and my aunt and cousins for one year before I got my own place. I went to bible school from your home and you never once complained about my fanaticism. You are one of the humblest people I ever met even though you had a lot to be proud of. You were very kind and unasuming and a joy to be around. I celebrate your life today because you were also very smart. You made Jesus Christ the Lord of your life and worshipped Him in spirit and in truth. When I heard of your demise, I felt a loss because you were very dear to my heart, but I rejoiced at the blessed hope we all shared and felt happy I visited you the last time I did. You revealed so much to me in that two hours of visit about my dad that I never knew. Now I know that you are both united to part no more. I hereby make you a promise that when it is time for me to come home if Jesus tarries, I am going to leave this world empty. I love you always uncle, see you at the resurrection morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment