Tuesday 20 November 2012

The University Student Who Went by the Cross Roads.

Opposite our front gate lived a university student who was to have graduated from the
university that year. After moving here I talked with him, asking him to come over and
discuss the Bible and Christianity in a friendly way. He came a few days, and I felt
certain he was convinced of the truth of what I said. The questions he raised seemed to
be answered to his full satisfaction.
Through him I managed to get a chance to talk with some of the other university
students during their vacation. I had been going to their rooms ten days, when there came the mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon Adullam. The students were friendly, and I felt that the student I have mentioned saw clearly the truth of the gospel.
I could see that, although he was polite, he was not disposed to accept the truth and did
not seem to like the friendly way the other students responded to the Bible discussions.
One morning when one of our girls was out at our front gate it happened that this
young university student was out there too. The girl began telling him he ought to be a
Christian, in a simple way urging him to believe in Jesus to save him from his sins,
make him a good man, save him from hell, and lead him to heaven.
"What's the use of my being a Christian ? I do not need to be saved."
"You might die suddenly in your sins, and you would go to hell."
"Who are you?" scoffed the student. "You are a little snip of an ignorant girl, just a sort
of useless beggar. What do you suppose you are trying to do? You are trying to teach
me something when you are not worthy to even talk to me. I am a university student. I
am wise. I have read many books. I have been many years in Peking. I can speak and
read English as well as Chinese." He then spat in her face and told her to mind her own
business.
Two weeks later hearing a funeral commotion in the front alley, I was surprised to learn that they were carrying this university student to his burial; I had seen him on the
street a few days before. One of the boys said that as we were going out to preach, a
few days previous, he had offered this young man a tract, but he would not take it.
I knew nothing of this conversation with the girl. About a month later this girl was in a
trance under the power of the Spirit. After seeing visions of heaven and the glories of
the redeemed she stood still and bent over as though looking into hell. This is what I
heard: "Ah! There is hell. No, I cannot; I have no power to help you now. You certainly
are in an awful plight. It is you who are worse than a beggar now, all dirty, all filthy,
and suffering in the lake of fire. In fact, you look worse now than any beggar I ever
saw. I thought you told me you were rich and that you had a great education. Where is
your education now? Well, I cannot help you now even if you do apologize. That may
be, but I have no power. No, only Jesus can save you, but when I told you about Him
you made fun of Him and cursed me.
"Look what we beggars who believe in Jesus have received in heaven: all is joy, all is
happiness; all is love in the city of golden streets with its wonderful Paradise of God."
You can act wiser than this foolish undergraduate today by saying the following prayer out loud to God if you are yet to do so and living the rest of your life to please Him:
The sinner’s prayer
Heavenly father,
Have mercy on me a sinner. I repent of my sin and receive the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary’s cross for my salvation. I believe He died for me and on the third day, you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. From today, I receive Him as the Saviour and Lord of my Life.
Thank you father for forgiving me and writing my name in the book of life with the blood of Jesus. I pledge allegiance to the Lord Jesus Christ from this day forever in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen!!!
If you just said this prayer, congratulations! You are now born again.  Please let me know by emailing flourishinggirl@gmail.com and I will send you an e copy of our “Believers’ Guide to Growth” to enable you take off on this glorious adventure of the new creation. God bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment