Tuesday 3 May 2016

Welcome to the month of May 2016: Our Month of Divine Presence

Joshua 1:9 and Matthew 28:20b
Last year about the month of February, I boarded a flight from Houston TX to Newark NJ and the weather condition on that day way quite scary. I prayed and requested divine protection just to calm my fears. God was so gracious that day. He caused me to see two angels guarding the flight and one of them gave me a beautiful smile that allayed most of my fears. Then my eyes were opened in the midst of the turbulence and I saw the Lord pick up the plane like a toy from the airport in Houston and gently dropped it at the Newark int’l airport. That vision settled me and I was no longer scared. Since then, any time I am tempted to fear whenever I am aboard a flight, I always recall that vision and it has helped me big time.
From our text scriptures above and many other scriptures, we have God’s promises of his presence going with us everywhere. Moses so understood this great grace of God’s presence going with His people that He had the following conversation with the Lord in Ex.33:12-16:
Exo 33:12  And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
Exo 33:13  Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
Exo 33:14  And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
Exo 33:15  And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
Exo 33:16  For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
This conversation between Moses and the Lords says it all. In this month of May in our year of divine exemption from all evil, we are blessed with this prophetic promise that will guarantee our safety in the days ahead in this year of Divine exemption from all evil.
To this end, this month, we shall be learning from a series I title: “The wonders of Divine presence” I so cherish this great expression of God’s love to us because a look at the word of God would reveal to us that behind every story of greatness and extraordinary grace in the word of God is the presence of God with a person or people. For instance we are told in Gen.39:1-6 that even as a slave, Joseph was prosperous because of God’s presence with him and his blessing on all that Joseph did. We also see another example of Daniel in the land of captivity rising to lead even as a slave because of his relationship with God and God’s presence with him that incapacitated even the carnivorous lions from harming him.
The greatness of the Lord Jesus Christ up till date is tied to the truth that God was always with him. The children of Israel carried the presence of God by a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night to the point that every evil fled from them at the presence of God. See John 8:16; Ex.13:21-22; Ps.114:1-8 and John 16:32.
The wonders of God’s presence with us is best expressed when we understand it and how it works. We therefore must know how to receive and cultivate it to our best advantage and the glory of God.
Access to this grace was freely available to man until the devil came in to mess things up by luring man into sin which resulted in his separation from God [Gen.3; Rm.3:23 and 6:23]. Thankfully, the Lord Jesus Christ already came to solve the sin problem for us. However, we are required to embrace His sacrifice by believing in Him and receiving God’s free gift of salvation through faith. See John 3:16-18.
If you have not yet received this free gift, you can do so right away by saying the following prayer out loud in faith and you shall be saved:
Heavenly Father,
Have mercy on me a sinner. Today, I believe that Jesus died for me and you raised Him from the dead for my Justification. I therefore declare that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Lord and from today, I renounce the fatherhood of Satan and embrace Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord. Thank you for this father in Jesus’ name!
Amen.
Congratulations! For more information and resources that would help you grow in this new life, please visit our website at www.kingdomheirsministries.org and our blogs at www.flourishinggirl.blogspot.com and follow us on twitter at alero_nanna and on face book on www.facebook.com/flourishinggirl www.facebook.com/khmii2015; www.facebook.com/thewellbeingcenter. Or www.facebook.com/kingdomjointheirsfamily email:  jointheirsfamily@gmail.com.   

Remain on top of your challenges in Jesus’ name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment