Friday 1 July 2016

Welcome to the month of July 2016: Our Month of Destiny

Welcome to the month of July 2016: Our Month of Destiny
Deut. 30:19-20; Jer.1:4-5, 29:11; Mt.1:21-23; Luk.1:76-77; Eph.3:8 and Gal.1:15-16
Several years ago when I was about the age of seven, I was standing in the front of a mirror in my parents’ room and looking back at the image staring at me from the mirror and all of a sudden, I was gripped by a strange fear I could not understand. Then a thought began to scroll through my mind. I was wondering who it was staring at me from the mirror. Where did this person come from and how did this person come about. Just as I thought I was going crazy as the thoughts were going beyond what my little mind could comprehend; a calm voice from inside me began to speak up. 
I heard this voice say to me by way of my own thoughts. People are born into this world, they grow up, get married, have children and raise them and after a while, they grow old and later die and the cycle begins again. After a while, these people are forgotten. All of a sudden, without realizing what I was doing, I responded to the thought aggressively with the answer that I will not pass through this world like every other person; I will not leave this world the way I met it. I will make a difference. The whole experience cleared up and I went back to being a child again. Little did I know that the voice I heard was God’s voice. I was not even born again then. I was even so rebellious that I used to steal the offering that was given to me to go to Church by not dropping it in the offering basket. I would rather go and buy bean cake with it at the street corner near the Church.
I thank God that about three years later, I got born again for the first time at the age of ten. My rebellious tendencies showed up again when at fifteen I told God I wanted to backslide because I felt it was too hard to serve him. However, about eight years later, I realized it was better for me to rededicate my life to Christ than to live outside him. This time, I sought to know how to stay saved and God revealed to me the importance of living by the word and I am so grateful for that because that marked the beginning of a glorious destiny for me.
I decided to share my story even though it may not sound interesting to you as you may not be able to relate with it. However, one thing is common to us all and that is the fact that each of us has a life to live. The way we choose to live it may vary from person to person and that is in order because each of us is unique. However, one thing is common to us all, and that is the truth that life on earth is a journey that would terminate one day in eternity. However, many of us are oblivious of this truth and as such are living as though everything starts and end here on earth. So people work so hard to acquire so much for themselves just to boost their personal ego without realizing that by their lifestyle, they have signed up for a destiny of frustration powered by lack of fulfillment.
Those who have ever made any difference in time that reflected in eternal relevance were people who encountered the author of life and became conscious of their purpose for living in time and fulfilled their purpose before the gift of time was taken from them and they came face to face with the creator.
What then is destiny? It is a predetermined course of events determined by the choices we make. When making choices in life, we are either making one for life or one for death. We choose life when we take responsibility to know the mind of God concerning our lives and live that way until all that he has written concerning us find expression [Deu.30:19-20]. Each of our days are written in God’s book and it behooves us to find out from Him our specific purpose and do so in time so as to fulfill our destinies having run our course with joy like the prophet Jeremiah, John the Baptist, Apostle Paul and the Lord Jesus Christ. The stories of people like Moses have outlived them because like these people, they were destiny conscious and purpose driven. See Ps.139:16 and all our text scriptures above.
Have you found out why you were born? Are you living to fulfill your purpose? Will you pass away with time or will you maintain eternal relevance? Will your good works be qualitative enough to endure the fire of God’s judgement and be sustained or will it pass as though you were never born?
These are the questions we will seek to be answering this month as we look at a series I title: UNDERSTANDING HOW TO FULFILL YOUR DESTINY. However, if you are reading this message and you have not made Jesus Christ the Lord of your life, you are yet to commence on the path of a glorious destiny. We do not seek to fulfill a destiny that would not be glorious. Should you wish to run on this glorious destiny course, please do get enlisted by saying the following prayer out loud so you can be born again:
Heavenly Father,
Have mercy on me a sinner. Today, I believe that Jesus died for me and you raised Him from the dead for my Justification. I therefore declare that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Lord and from today, I renounce the fatherhood of Satan and embrace Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord. Thank you for this father in Jesus’ name! Amen.
Congratulations! For more information and resources that would help you grow in this new life, please visit our website at www.kingdomheirsministries.org and our blogs at www.flourishinggirl.blogspot.com and follow us on twitter at alero_nanna and on face book on www.facebook.com/flourishinggirl www.facebook.com/khmii2015; www.facebook.com/thewellbeingcenter. Or www.facebook.com/kingdomjointheirsfamily email:  jointheirsfamily@gmail.com.   
Remain on top of your challenges in Jesus’ name!

No comments:

Post a Comment