Saturday 31 October 2015

Welcome To November 2015: Our Month Of The Holy Spirit

John 14:18, 26; John 16:13; 1Cor.12:7
With abundant joy in my heart today, I welcome you to this great month of November 2015 which the Lord has graciously named for us as the month of The Holy Spirit. When the Lord gave me this word, I thought it strange because I did not really consider it as appropriate to be the tag of any month because to me He is so real that my experience of Him is an everyday thing.
However, the Lord made me to see that not everyone is conscious of Him or even know Him. In fact I began to observe that even some believers in Christ do not even know of Him nor do they have any personal experience of Him in their lives. Some do not even recognize Him as a person; not to talk of His status as God. This is unfortunate because it is the Holy Spirit that makes Christianity different from religion and distinguishes Christianity from any other purported access to God.
Without the Holy Spirit, we would never be able to know true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ because it was Him who came to bring us the conviction that the Lord came, died for our sins and arose from the dead for our justification [1Cor.15:1-10; 12:7 & John 16:7-13].
As a result of His ministry on Earth, we have experienced the reality of God and His presence and power as a ministry so much that it would require more than all the faith in the entire universe not to believe in His reality. For instance, one day in the mission field, I had told Him to wake me up at 3.20am so as to be able to convene a 4.00am prayer service. Unknown to me, I had switched off my phone and removed the battery for some hours the previous day and did not remember to update it when I switched it on. When I awoke the next morning, the fastest means of checking my time was my phone which I could look at without having to switch on the light. When I checked, the time was far ahead. I was so upset that I immediately started to accuse him of not waking me up. His response was simply, “is this how you talk to me?” I immediately repented and was just thinking that this is unlike Him because He’s been waking me up faithfully and I never have to use an alarm clock to wake up when I want to. So I decided to check my wrist watch and I saw that it was just 3:20am meaning He even over delivered because He saw what was coming and what time I was going to waste. Then it dawned on me that I had tampered with the phone the previous day. I was very unhappy with my behavior but praising him took care of everything.
Most people who know me do not know me to be down. It is the joy of the Lord burbling in my heart most of the time that keeps my energy high and enables me do what I do. He is so real to me that it is my pleasure to share Him with the entire world this month. To this end, this month, we shall be looking at Understanding the Gift and Ministry of The Holy Spirit. As an appetizer, I want to quickly say here that the manifestation of the Spirit is given to everyone to profit with [1Cor.12:7]. This truth is self-explanatory as it shows us that the Holy Spirit is a gift of God to the entire world to bring about our awareness of Him and what He has done to save us and keep us saved. However, no one will receive this great redemption if they are not aware of it. This is why I consider it my business to spread this word around the world.
Many people want to be able to hear the voice of God, their religious persuasion notwithstanding. I believe that includes you reader even if you are not born again yet. Well; I have good news for you. You can begin hearing him today as you embrace the ministry of the Holy Spirit; but you must meet the demands of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. You can do so right away by saying the following prayer out loud in faith:
Father in Heaven,
I come to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your word says in John 6:37 that you will not cast me out when I come to you. So I thank you that you will take me in.
You also said in Romans 10:9-10 that if I shall confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in my heart that you raised him from the dead, I shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation. I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God. I believe that he died for my sin on Calvary’s Cross and was raised from the dead for my justification and I confess him now as my Saviour and Lord.
I believe that I have now become your righteousness in Christ whom you made to be sin for me on Calvary’s Cross.
Thank you father that I am saved from this day in Jesus’s name!
Congratulations! For more information and resources that would help you grow in this new life, please visit our website at www.kingdomheirsministries.org and our blogs at www.flourishinggirl.blogspot.com and follow us on twitter at alero_nanna and on face book on www.facebook.com/flourishinggirl www.facebook.com/khmii2015; www.facebook.com/thewellbeingcenter. Or www.facebook.com/kingdomjointheirsfamily email:  jointheirsfamily@gmail.com.   

Remain on top of your challenges in Jesus’ name!

No comments:

Post a Comment